- Teen Book Club
- Teen Advisory Board
- Great Places for Great Books
- Homework Help Resources
- College & Career Resources
- Talk to Us!
- Summer Reading
- Reading Fool Blog
Location & Contact
2407 Main Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Mon, Tue, Thu 9am-9pm
Fri 9am-6pm | Sat 9am-5pm
(Closed Sun, mid-May – Labor Day)
How the 2014 Teen Summer Reading Program Worked
- You may record books you read after your school year ended.
- You may count audiobooks and up to five graphic novels.
- Books recorded should be appropriate to your age and reading ability.
Register online by clicking on this “Teens: Spark a Reaction” link beginning June 18.
- Each time you finish a book, log it online. The program will tell you when you have earned a prize.
- Prize levels:
Your name included in the weekly gift card drawing
Pick a new or gently-used book to bring home to keep
Entry in the drawing to receive one of three Kindle Fires
- Prize pickup: Visit the library's Reference Desk.
- Bonus prize: Five names will be drawn each week to win a $10 gift card. Choices may include: Barnes & Noble, Cinemark Movie Theater, Five Guys, iTunes, Munson’s, Panera, or Sweet Frogs; awarded on a first-come, first-chosen basis.
- Beginning July 30, participants who have recorded at least five books may use any combination of the following to count for a maximum of three (3) books:
- Participation in a Teen program (1=1 book; maximum of 3)
- Volunteering in the Children’s Department (1=1 book; maximum of 2)
- Book reviews (3=1 book; maximum of 3, must be thoughtful review consisting of at least three meaningful sentences.)
- Spark a Reaction (2=1 book; maximum of 2)
- August 10 is the last day to record books.
- Prizes must be picked up by August 13 (Kindle Fire: August 15).
You may authorize a family member or friend to pick up a prize for you.
- Kindle Fire winners will be notified by August 15.
Other Things to Know
- To view the teen summer reading flyer, click here.
- Questions? Requests? Call the library's Reference Desk at 860-652-7720.
- For information on what's happening for teens at the library, click here.
Summer Reading Lists
Glastonbury Public Schools Summer Reading 2014
GHS Summer Reading Web Site
SMS Summer Reading List by Author
GW Summer Reading List