- Teen Book Club
- Teen Advisory Board
- Great Places for Great Books
- Homework Help Resources
- College & Career Resources
- Talk to Us!
- Summer Reading
- Reading Fool Blog
Location & Contact
2407 Main Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033
Mon, Tue, Thu 9am-9pm
Fri 9am-6pm | Sat 9am-5pm
(Closed Sun, mid-May – Labor Day)
How the Teen Summer Reading Program Works
- "Beneath the Surface," the 2013 Teen Summer Reading Program (game and events), is for those entering grades 6-12. Sixth graders may opt for either the Teen or the Children's Department program. Individual programs may have different grade-level requirements.
- Participants record books read after the school year ended.
- Audio books and as many as five graphic novels may be counted.
- Books recorded for this program should be appropriate to each participant's age and reading ability.
Registration and participation
- Registration and participation is all online. Click here to begin.
- Each time you finish a book, record it online. The program will tell you when you have reached a prize level.
- Prize levels:
Level 1 1 book Entry in gift card drawing Level 2 3 books T-shirt Level 3 6 books McDonald's coupon/candy Level 4* 9 books Choices: animal huggers, DIY Survival bracelet, glow-in-the-dark nail polish or LED/laser flashlight Level 5* 12 books Select a new or gently-used book to bring home to keep; entry in drawing to receive one of 12 iPod Shuffles
* Beginning July 29, readers working toward these levels may choose to substitute participation in one program for one book read (see Miriam, Teen Librarian).
- Prizes can be picked up in the Teen Room (if Miriam is there) or at the Reference Desk.
- Bonus prize: Five names will be drawn each week to win a $10 gift card. Choices: Barnes & Noble, Baskin-Robbins/Dunkin' Donuts or Sweet Frogs, iTunes, Munson's and Panera; awarded on a first-come, first-chosen basis.
- August 15 is the last day to record books and pick up prizes, with the exception of the iPod Shuffles.
- iPod Shuffle winners will be notified by August 16.
Other Things to Know
- Questions? Requests? The Teen Librarian can be reached by email, by phone at 860-652-7720 or on Facebook at Miriam Neiman Wtml TeenLibrarian.
- For information on what's happening for teens at the library, click here.
- To see what Miriam is reading, click here. Comments are welcome.
Summer Reading Lists